Saturday, September 28th
Start / Finish: All Saints Episcopal Church – 171 W Pike St, Pontiac, MI
Registration Opens at 6:30 AM
Opening Ceremonies at 8:00 AM
Run begins at 8:30 AM with a Brightness Toss and Group Photo!
Afterglow with resource tables begins at 9:00 AM
Advance Registration Online $15 pp, children free (stroller to 12th grade) – Register online by September 26!
Onsite registration $15 pp, children free (stroller to 12th grade)
Mainstreet Pontiac is hosting a 5k fun run/walk together with Pontiac Community Foundation and the Healthy Pontiac, We Can! coalition to raise awareness about mental health issues including depression, suicide, eating disorders, violence and abuse in our community. In addition to the run/walk, the event will include stories from those who have been impacted, resource tables from local support services, music, yoga, and food!
The “color run” style event will include tossing colored powder on participants at “brightness stations” throughout the race using colors to represent mental health awareness (green and blue) and suicide prevention (teal and purple) – resulting in a beautiful mess on t-shirts (dress accordingly)! Register early to receive discounted pricing!
- Proceeds raised will go toward mental health programming at Centro Multicultural de la Familia right in Downtown Pontiac!
- 2 Route Options: 5K (3.1 mile loop) OR 1 mile loop (Preview of routes available at bottom of page)
- ALL fitness levels and ages welcome! Walk, Jog, Run, Intervals, or even Skipping! A great walk and run route for the whole family.
- Non-timed fun run and walk event – No bibs, medals, or official finish times. If there’s enough interest, we’ll explore an annual, timed run and walk event!
- Brightness stations along route which will toss color on participants! We recommend wearing WHITE shirts to really appreciate the tie dye effect!
- We recommend bringing a towel to place in your car afterwards!
- Roads along route will not be closed. Participants should remain on sidewalks and adhere to normal traffic laws.
- All participants must register at check-in table and sign a waiver at the start of the event.
- Dress comfortably for the weather with appropriate walking or running footwear.
- Parking is available at Municipal parking lots.
THANK YOU PARTNERS & SPONSORS!
Tentative 5K (3.1 Mile) Loop
- Start: All Saint’s Church – 59 – Chippewa Rd – Manitou Rd – Ottawa Dr – Menominee Rd – S Johnson Ave – Orchard Lake Rd – Exchange St – Finish: All Saint’s Church