Flagstar Bank’s “Pontiac’s BIG IDEA” Grant Program
Rewarding Big Ideas for Small Businesses
Program Guidelines Loan & Grant App ProsperUS Grant Application - PDF NEW GOOGLE FORM Grant Application Recipients To-Date
- Download and save application to computer
- Fill out application. Application is form-based and can be edited in Adobe Reader. If you do not have Adobe Reader, you can download it for free here. You can also print out the application form and write in legible handwriting or even submit responses as a supplemental Word document.
- SAVE your application! Don’t forget to hit the old fashioned “floppy disc” button on your computer!
- Email completed application to email@example.com. To email, you can hit the button at the bottom of the application or attach to an email. If you are submitting a handwritten application, scan it in and attach it. If you are submitting a Word document with your answers, also include as an attachment. Please do not submit your application as a link to your Dropbox, Google Drive, or other cloud-based storage provider. We will not open files sent as links, only applications sent as attachments, as we’re not fans of computer viruses.
Google Form Version:
- Open “NEW Google Form” link
- Fill out the application
- Click submit
Deadlines and Notification Timing
Submit by March 15th by 11:59 pm, receive decision by April 30th
Submit by June 15th by 11:59 pm, receive decision by July 31st
Submit by September 15th by 11:59 pm, receive decision by October 31st
Submit by December 15th by 11:59 pm, receive decision by January 31st
Flagstar Bank’s Investment to Pontiac
Flagstar Bank has committed to investing $10 million into Pontiac as an economic catalyst for both downtown and Pontiac’s greater region. One of the investment projects from Flagstar Bank is “Pontiac’s Big Idea Grant Program” which works with the support and partnership of Main Street Pontiac, the Build Institute and ProsperUS. The grant program puts in $500,000 of funding into the small business community each year, starting in 2017. Small businesses, through a competitive application process, may receive up to $10,000 in the form of a grant. Every year, one $50,000 to $100,000 grant may be awarded for a game-changing idea that produces a significant number of jobs or will clearly attract people to visit Pontiac.
The Big Idea
We believe that a great idea can become a great business or can help a good business grow. Pontiac’s Big Idea Grant Program (PBIGP) celebrates doing business in the city of Pontiac – rewarding those with the best ideas for growth. Each year, for 5 years, in addition to business support, PBIGP will provide $500,000 in support of small businesses through grants and loans. PBIGP is not interested in just giving out cash. PBIGP is interested in inspiring and enabling your ideas. Applicants must consider the purpose of the program: to sustain businesses, strengthen neighborhoods, grow ideas, diversify economies, and grow jobs for residents of Pontiac. The best applications will have ideas for growth, consistent with this purpose, that are impactful, courageous, unique, achievable, memorable and clear.
Submitting an Application
There are 2 ways to apply to PBIGP:
- For a ProsperUS loan/grant combination applications: Apply online at mainstreetpontiac.org or www.prosperusdetroit.org or by clicking on the tab above.
- For grant only applications: Click on the tab above or e-mail your completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org
E-mail your inquiries to email@example.com
Come to our Help Desk: 3rd Wednesday of each Month, 4:30 pm – 5:30 pm, Alley Cat Cafe (before monthly community meeting)
Need Help With Your Application?
Visit Main Street Pontiac’s monthly community meeting on the 3rd Wednesday of every month. A PBIGP help desk is open between 4:30 – 5:30 pm each month at the Alley Cat Café to help people with applications. Applicants can also email questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additionally, there are a number of community resources available to help you figure out how to develop your idea into a business, develop a business plan, and review your financials.